Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Monday, October 29, 2012
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- The Pearland Fire Marshal's Office is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of any suspects in a store arson fire.
Arson investigators believe the suspect(s) entered the GNC store located at 7117 Broadway through a rear door between the hours of 6:30am and 7am on October 24. The suspect(s) then attempted to burn the store by setting multiple fires and using an accelerant to promote fire growth and spread.
The sprinkler system installed at this location controlled the fires and prevented them from spreading throughout the building until the Fire Department could arrive and fully extinguish the fire.
The Pearland Fire Marshal's Office is seeking help to identify the person or persons responsible for this fire. A reward of $1,000 is being offered by the City of Pearland for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons who set the fire.
Anyone with information regarding this fire is encouraged to contact the Pearland Fire Marshal at 281.651.1954. Information provided that results in an arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for this arson fire will be eligible for the reward. For information on fire investigations, please contact Deputy Fire Marshal Shohn Davison at 281.652.1965 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Copyright ©2012 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Thursday, October 4, 2012
PEARLAND, TX (KPRC/NBC) - Four Texas teens were taken away from a school by paramedics after they became intoxicated from Delsym cough syrup on Tuesday.
Parents and students at Glenda Dawson High School in Pearland, TX, where the incident took place, reacted to the news Tuesday.
"I wonder, what's the rationale behind that? I guess maybe they wanted to go home or something and kids do things that I don't understand," said Edward Jasmine.
Police said the boys, two 14-year-olds and two 15-year-olds, ingested the medicine in one of the school's restrooms.
One of the boys had brought four bottles of Delsym cough syrup.
Each teenager drank a full bottle.
After they returned to class, a teacher noticed one of the students were behaving differently and appeared to be in distress.
The teacher sent him to the nurse, who discovered that he had an elevated heart rate and blood pressure.
That's when the teenager admitted that he had consumed the cough syrup with the other boys.
"In the end, all four were transported to Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital for evaluation," said Onesimo Lopez with the Pearland Police Department
Delsym is a strong medicine with a 12 hour time release, which is meant to be taken in teaspoonfuls.
It's so strong that it is often placed behind the counter.
"If they take too much of it trying to keep chasing that high, they could end up overdosing and may actually even die from it," Lopez said.
The students may face public intoxication charges.
Copyright 2012 KPRC via NBC. All rights reserved
Posted by Steve Douglass at 3:09 PM